ORANGE-GINGER CARROT SOUP
Recipe & photo: foodnetwork.com
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 lb
- 1 medium
- 6 clove
- 2" piece fresh ginger
- 3 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 large
- 4-1/2 c
- chicken stock, homemade or canned chicken broth
- bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch
- fresh parsley
- 1/4 c
- sour cream or plain yogurt
How to Make ORANGE-GINGER CARROT SOUP
- 1Peel and thinly slice the carrots, finely chop the onion, and peel and chop the garlic cloves.
- 2In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add carrots, onion, garlic and ginger and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is golden, 6 to 8 minutes. Meanwhile, grate the orange to yield 2 teaspoons grated zest. Juice orange to yield 1/2 cup orange juice.
- 3Add chicken stock, orange zest, and bay leaf to cooking vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until carrots are tender, about 20 minutes.
- 4In a food processor or blender, puree soup in batches until smooth; return to saucepan. Stir in orange juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Mince parsley to yield 2 Tbsp. Garnish each soup bowl with a dollop of sour cream or yogurt and sprinkling of parsley.