Flavorful Curried Zucchini Soup
Andy Anderson !
So, you ready for some soup… Well, let's get into the kitchen.
3 Tbspsweet butter, unsalted
1 mediumyellow onion, diced
2 clovegarlic, minced
1 tspcurry powder
4 largezucchini, peeled and diced, about 2 to 2.5 pounds
4 cchicken stock: Hearty Chicken Stock ala CIA
2 ccoconut milk, unsweetened
2 Tbsplimejuice, freshly squeezed, or to taste
1/2 tspsugar, table variety
1 1/2 tspsalt, table variety, or to taste
·ground pepper, freshly ground, to taste
How to Make Flavorful Curried Zucchini Soup
- When the foaming subsides, add the onion, and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic, and the curry, and stir for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the zucchini mixture to a blender, or a food processor fitted with an S-blade.
- Return the puree to the saucepan, and add the coconut milk, and remaining chicken stock.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Add the limejuice, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Serve immediately.