Katherine's Savory Tomato Peanut Butter Soup
Giving credit where credit is due: "From Grandma's Kitchen by Marilyn Brass & Sheila Brass.
This soup is good served hot or cold. The peanut butter adds richness to the soup, yet it is not readily identifiable upon tasting. This soup takes on a whole new personality when served cold.
- 28 oz
- tomato puree, canned
- 1/2 c
- peanut butter, creamy
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 c
- vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, room temperature
- 1 pinch
- red pepper flakes
How to Make Katherine's Savory Tomato Peanut Butter Soup
- 1Combine tomato puree and peanut butter in a large heavy-bottomed pot and blend with a wooden spoon or whisk until smooth.
- 2Add salt, pepper, paprika and broth. Stir to blend. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- 3Add butter and red pepper flakes and stir to blend.
- 4Remove from heat and allow to sit 5 minutes to marry flavors. Serve hot with croutons.
- 5Serve cold with a touch of sour cream and a sprinkling of red pepper flakes.