Katherine's Savory Tomato Peanut Butter Soup
Giving credit where credit is due: "From Grandma's Kitchen by Marilyn Brass & Sheila Brass.
This soup is good served hot or cold. The peanut butter adds richness to the soup, yet it is not readily identifiable upon tasting. This soup takes on a whole new personality when served cold.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
28 oztomato puree, canned
1/2 cpeanut butter, creamy
1/2 tspblack pepper, coarsely ground
1 cvegetable broth
2 Tbspbutter, room temperature
1 pinchred pepper flakes
How to Make Katherine's Savory Tomato Peanut Butter Soup
- Combine tomato puree and peanut butter in a large heavy-bottomed pot and blend with a wooden spoon or whisk until smooth.
- Add salt, pepper, paprika and broth. Stir to blend. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add butter and red pepper flakes and stir to blend.
- Remove from heat and allow to sit 5 minutes to marry flavors. Serve hot with croutons.
- Serve cold with a touch of sour cream and a sprinkling of red pepper flakes.