Fireman Bob's P0, Le, On, and Che Soup....
Fireman Bob's Potato, Leeks, Onions, and Cheese Soup my way....
With the changes on Just a Pinch.... My " Notoriously " long names have to now be shortened... LOL
I hope You all enjoy this great soup....
The Fireman !!! :)
6 largeleeks - washed - chopped small
2 mediumonion - chopped small
1 csharp cheddar cheese - grated
3 mediumyukon gold potatoes - peeled and diced
3 stalk(s)celery - chopped
4 clovegarlic - diced
2 Tbspextra virgin olive oil
5 cvegetable stock - homemade or store bought ( more if you like a thinner soup )
1 3/4 cmilk
1 3/4 tsppaprika
2 tspcumin - smoked
2 tspchives - chopped ( this is to be added while cooking, separate from the " toppings " )
1/2 tspred pepper flakes - or to taste
2 tspcourse sea salt - or to taste
2 tspfresh cracked black pepper
How to Make Fireman Bob's P0, Le, On, and Che Soup....
- Clean the leeks, by removing the first layer of leaves.
Place the chopped leeks in cold water and wash them thoroughly making sure any sandy residue is removed. Do this two or three times. Drain well.
- In a large, Dutch Oven, melt the butter and olive oil at low temperature, add the leeks, onions, potatoes, and celery, stirring them with a wooden spoon making sure the butter coats all. Season with salt and pepper, paprika, and chives, and red pepper flakes, then cover and let the vegetables soften over very low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Add the stock and milk, bring to simmering point, cover and let the soup simmer very slowly for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft –
DO NOT use high heat or the milk may boil over. Stir several times.
- Add the mixture to food processor or blender, let it cool, then blend to a purée. Be careful not to burn yourself with the heated mixture.
- Place the soup back into the Dutch Oven and slowly reheat, taste to check the seasoning.
- To Serve...
Add a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with freshly snipped chives or parsley.
The crumbled Bacon and croutons finish off the perfect toppings.
AND! Don't forget the extra cheese too!
fresh chives - chopped
fresh parsley - chopped
sharp cheese - shredded
crispy bacon - crumbled
toasty seasoned croutons