☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 qtchicken base/broth
3 Tbspalmond paste (1 1/2 oz)
3/4 cfinley chopped almonds
2 cheavy whipping cream
1/4 tspalmond extract
How to Make Cream of Almond Soup
- Heat chicken broth over medium heat and then add almond paste and chopped almonds to it.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer this mixture for 30 minutes.
- Separate your three eggs and discard whites. Beat a small amount of the hot broth into the egg yokes being sure to add the broth slowly or you will set the yokes.
- Reduce the heat to low and add your egg/broth mixture to your stock pot of broth. Add it slowly and whisk it well.
- Add heavy whipping cream and remaining ingredients and whisk soup until it thickens slightly.
- DO NOT BOIL!!!!
This soup can be served hot or cold.
Top with sliced almonds for a nice flair