Creamy Potato Chowder
4-10 largepotatoes, russets
16 ozdesired meat, optional (chicken, turkey, ham) cubed
1/2 galmilk, low-fat
1 stickbutter, cold
1 mediumonion, chopped
3 Tbsponion powder
5 clovegarlic, chopped
3 Tbspgarlic powder
1-3 sprig(s)bay leaves
1 smallbag frozen corn
1 smallbag frozen carrots
·salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Creamy Potato Chowder
- peel an cut desired amount of potatoes
- in a large pot, heat milk on medium heat
- cube desired meat. you can skip this step if you do not want any meat in it.
- add butter and all spices, stir til butter is melted
- add potatoes and meat, let cook on low heat, covered for 30 mins. stirring occasionally so as not to burn milk
- add veggies, stir and let simmer another 30 mins covered, or until all ingredients are tender enough to cut with a spoon. stir every so often.
- optional toppings or garnish: shredded cheese, celery stalk, salad topper, crunchy chow mein noodles, or any other topping you might like.