Slow Burn Green Chili Stew
- 14 oz
- frozen green chilies
- 3 can(s)
- hatch green chilies (4 oz)
- 1 can(s)
- vegatable broth
- 1 1/2 c
- water to start, add as needed
- small to med. sized potatoes
- cube beef boullion
- handful of corsely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 c
- dried onion pieces
- 1 Tbsp
- liquid smoke flavoring
- ham bone or other meat bone you desire
- lime, cut and juice (~1/4 cup)
- 1 tsp
- dried jalapenos
- 3/4 c
- bulgur wheat, uncooked (can be left out or substituted
How to Make Slow Burn Green Chili Stew
- 13Set Crock pot for 3 hours at high. Mine has programming so I am able to also add 1 hour at low.
- 14Remove ham bone or other bones used.
- 15Scoop most of the hot stew into a blender or processor. Pulse until smooth. I left about a cup to two cups of stew in the crock so that there is a little chunky texture in the end.
Add smooth mixture back to the crock pot. And set it for another couple hours.
- 19I served the stew over Frito Corn Chips with cheese grated on top. To mine, I added the little bit of ham that cooked on the bone