Easy Chicken Taco Soup
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Salsa and lime juice give this taco soup a nice punch of citrus flavor. Super easy to make, this will be great on a cool night. It tastes so good and is healthy. A win-win! The Test Kitchen
- 1 box
- organic chicken broth (low-sodium), 32 oz.
- 1 c
- 1 can(s)
- black beans, rinsed and drained, 15 oz.
- 1 can(s)
- diced tomatoes, undrained, 14.5 oz
- 1 1/2 c
- 3 c
- cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 1/2 tsp
- taco seasoning mix
- 1 tsp
- 1 dash(es)
- liquid smoke
- juice of half a lime
How to Make Easy Chicken Taco Soup
- 1Put all ingredients except for the lime juice in a large stockpot.
- 2Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook for 10 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat, and stir in lime juice.
- 4To serve, top with chopped cilantro (optional for you cilantro haters), low-fat sour cream, or low- fat shredded cheese.
- 5To make this as healthy as possible, I suggest you use organic salsa, as it usually has half the sodium of the regular stuff. Also, make your own taco seasoning, because the stuff from the store has sugar in it. There are several taco seasoning recipes on Justapinch.