Chicken Gnocchi Soup
My favorite Capellini Pomodoro was no longer on the menu. What to have? One of my friends was having this soup and a salad so I thought I would give it a try. Good Choice!!! it was so tasty that I got the recipe off the Internet.
I have not tried making this soup yet but plan to do so soon , as I hope you all will give it a try and let me know what you think of it. Was I right or wrong???
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- coarse salt and black pepper
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1+1/2 cups of half and half cream
- 2 cups cooked white meat chicken shredded or cut into small bites
- 1 pound potato gnocchi
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach stems removed
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- fresh grated parmesan and /or romano , for serving
How to Make Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- 1In a large soup pot or Dutch oven heat the butter and oil together over medium heat
- 2Add the onions, carrots, celery and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and cook until tender over medium-low heat about 10 minutes, stirring often
- 3Sprinkle the flour into the pot and stir into vegetables, cook 3 minutes, stirring often.
- 4Stir in the chicken broth 1 cup at a time, followed by the half and half.
- 5Add the cooked chicken. Bring up to a simmer and simmer for 20 minutes stirring often.
- 6Season with salt and pepper to taste
- 7Cook the gnocchi separately according to package directions. Add the gnocchi to the soup along with the spinach. Simmer until spinach is wilted. Stir in the Basil
- 8Serve with the grated cheese