Chicken Gnocchi Soup
My favorite Capellini Pomodoro was no longer on the menu. What to have? One of my friends was having this soup and a salad so I thought I would give it a try. Good Choice!!! it was so tasty that I got the recipe off the Internet.
I have not tried making this soup yet but plan to do so soon , as I hope you all will give it a try and let me know what you think of it. Was I right or wrong???
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·3 tbsp butter
·2 tbsp olive oil
·3/4 cup diced onions
·1/2 cup diced carrots
·1/2 cup diced celery
·4 cloves garlic minced
·coarse salt and black pepper
·1/3 cup all purpose flour
·4 cups chicken broth
·1+1/2 cups of half and half cream
·2 cups cooked white meat chicken shredded or cut into small bites
·1 pound potato gnocchi
·3 cups fresh baby spinach stems removed
·1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
·fresh grated parmesan and /or romano , for serving
How to Make Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- In a large soup pot or Dutch oven heat the butter and oil together over medium heat
- Add the onions, carrots, celery and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and cook until tender over medium-low heat about 10 minutes, stirring often
- Sprinkle the flour into the pot and stir into vegetables, cook 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in the chicken broth 1 cup at a time, followed by the half and half.
- Add the cooked chicken. Bring up to a simmer and simmer for 20 minutes stirring often.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the gnocchi separately according to package directions. Add the gnocchi to the soup along with the spinach. Simmer until spinach is wilted. Stir in the Basil
- Serve with the grated cheese