2russet potatoes, shredded
2 clovegarlic, minced
4 cbroth (vegetable broth for vegetarian, chicken for summer served cold, beef for winter served warm)
4 Tbspwhite vinegar
How to Make Bebia's Borscht
- In a large pot saute onion until tender.
- Add beets, potatoes and carrots and cook until slightly tender.
- Add garlic and saute another minute.
- Add bay leaves, water, and broth (don't add all water and broth at once, add combined 8 cups then 1 to 2 cups more of broth towards the end if needed). Bring back up to heat and simmer until all vegetables are cooked.
- Add cabbage, white vinegar, pepper, salt, and dill. Cook until cabbage is tender.
- Serve plain or with a dollop of sour cream.