Drunken Cowboy Beans
- 1 lb
- dried pinto beans, washed and soaked overnight
- 1 large
- onion, diced
- 1/2 lb
- tasso or chorizo, sliced or diced
- 3 Tbsp
- chili powder
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 c
- pace salsa
- 1/3 c
- + 2 tbsp tequila
- salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped cilantro leaves for garnish
- sliced jalapeno peppers for garnish
How to Make Drunken Cowboy Beans
- 1Saute onions in a little olive oil, add spices and sausage. Cook till onions are clear. Add drained beans and enough water to cover.
Bring to boil and reduce to simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- 2Add salsa and tequila, cook until beans are tender, about another 1 1/2 hours, adding water if needed, but not too much. Beans should be thick.
- 3Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
Garnish with chopped cilantro or sliced jalapenos if desired.