Pumpkin Lima Soup
1 can(s)green lima beans
6 cbaked pumpkin
1 pkgham seasoning bits
1 tspcajun seasoning
1 chalf and half
2 dash(es)black pepper
3 Tbspchicken bullion (cubes)
How to Make Pumpkin Lima Soup
- Cut up some ham chunks(with some fat on it) or use bacon into frying pan.Add in 3 chicken bullion cubes now.Dice 1/4th onion and fry with ham till tender.(My ham was baked).Drain 1/2 of liquid off a can of green lima beans and put in frying pan with ham-onions and ham grease.Cook until beans are done.
- I used a baked pumpkin and blended it to a nice slurry in blender with a cup of water to help blend.Just use 6 large cups of pumpkin.
- Take frying pan ingredients and put into a soup pot so you can add the pumpkin and 3 cups water to the pot.Add in pepper and cajun seasoning and half and half and simmer on very low for 30 minutes,just to take flavor.
- Now it's done! And I did not need anything else to go along with the soup as it was so good right by itself. This has the texture of green split pea soup but has the whole lima beans swimming around the bowl as a bonus.
- Time to eat now! Hope you enjoy as I did.