15 ozpumpkin, canned or cooked
1 smallonion, diced
1 largecarrot, diced
2 sprig(s)thyme, leaves
1 Tbspolive oil
1/2 cwhite wine, chardonnay, preferably
1 qtchicken stock
1/4 cheavy cream
How to Make pumpkin bisque
- Add the butter and oil to a stock pot over medium-low heat and add the onion, celery, carrot, bay, cinnamon, and thyme.
- Allow veggies to soften then add the wine and reduce by 1/2.
- Add the pumpkin and chicken stock.
- Simmer on low, uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Using a blender or CuisineArt, puree the soup.
- Return to pot and stir in the cream. HEAT for 1 min then serve. garnish with spig of fresh cilantro or roasted pumpkin seeds