Cabbage, Sausage and Potato Soup - Instant Pot
1 mediumhead cabbage (roughly cut)
1 cwater or chicken broth (the cabbage will produce more liquid as it cooks)
1 pkgyour favorite smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
4 - 5 mediumpotatoes (peeling optional) cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
1 mediumonion, halved and then cut into 1/2” slices
1 Tbspminced garlic
1 stickbutter or margarine
1/8 tspcayenne pepper (or to taste, optional)
2 tspgarlic salt with parsley (or to taste)
2 tspblack pepper (or to taste)
How to Make Cabbage, Sausage and Potato Soup - Instant Pot
- ALWAYS BE SURE THE POT IS PLACED INTO THE BASE BEFORE ADDING ANYTHING!!!
- Mix the cayenne pepper, garlic salt and black pepper together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add the water and cabbage to the bottom of your pressure cooker pot liner.
- Cut 4 tablespoons of butter and place it on top of the cabbage. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon spice mixture.
- Add the smoked sausage.
- Add the potatoes, onion and minced garlic. Sprinkle with remaining spice mixture. Place the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter on top.
- Close and lock the lid and set the vent to ‘sealing’.
- Press the Manual/Pressure Cook button and set the timer for 8 minutes .
- When it is finished, do quick release.