Banana Squash Soup
1 largebanana squash (anywhere from 3-8lbs)
2 largeshitake mushrooms (you can also use the smaller ones if you prefer, just use a good handful)
1 largesweet onion
2 boxvegetable stock (64oz total, or 8 cups)
1 tspsalt (optional)
1 tsppepper (optional)
How to Make Banana Squash Soup
- Preheat oven to "Roast" at 450 degrees. Slice up all of your onions, mushrooms, and garlic and mix them together. Size of the slice will not matter.
- Slice off the ends of the Banana Squash (or whatever Squash you are more fond of), then cut in half and take out seeds. Place into a deep dish made for high temperature's in the oven. Add 2 cups Vegetable Stock into the bottom of the dish, and place into oven for 15 minutes.
- Rotate deep dish inside oven, and add veggies into the dish, and continue roasting another 15 minutes, or until squash is soft.
- Take food out of oven, (optional: let cool if you would like.. makes it a little easier to handle - if you are not in a time crunch!) and procede to take skin completely off of squash. Throw away skin.
- Take all of the ingredients and puree in a blender or food processor.. slowly adding remaining Vegetable stock until you have arrived at your preferred consistency. Once pureed, put into a Pot on the Stove-top and continue to warm through for 5 minutes (or until warmed all the way). At this time, you may add in salt and pepper if you choose to, but I did not feel the need to as the ingredients do a natural seasoning.