Creamy Romaine Lettuce Soup
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 small
- 1 qt
- chicken broth
- 8 c
- romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 c
- heavy cream (may use half and half)
- tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Creamy Romaine Lettuce Soup
- 1Melt butter in a medium sized sauce pan. Saute onions in butter until tender.
- 2Add chicken broth to onions and bring to a boil. Stir chopped lettuce into liquid; let cook over low heat for about 10 minutes (or until tender). Remove from heat and let stand until cooled.
- 3Place lettuce mixture into a blender, half at a time, until all ingredients are completely pureed. Pour, now pureed, lettuce mixture into saucepan over medium heat. ** Do not Boil**
- 4Add cream and tabasco sauce to taste; salt and pepper may be added for extra flavor. Heat through and serve.