Atkins Friendly Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 8 c
- coarsely chopped fresh broccoli
- 2 c
- chicken stock (look hard enough and you can find a 0 carb broth)
- 2 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- 1-2 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp
- minced garlic (or more if you like)
- 2 Tbsp
- cornstarch (or less depending on how thick you like the soup)
- kosher salt, and pepper to taste
- med onion minced
- 2 Tbsp
How to Make Atkins Friendly Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 1Saute onion and garlic in butter until onion is soft.
- 2Add chicken broth, salt, pepper, and broccoli. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer 45 mins or until broccoli is soft.
- 3Next, add heavy cream... then add the shredded cheddar. Mix well, if you would like to thicken it up turn up the heat and add a tablespoon of cornstarch. Stir constantly for a few minutes. Still not thick enough? Add another tablespoon or so to reach desired consistency.