Garlic Cream Cheese Fondue
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced or zested
- 3 box
- (8oz) cream cheese or 2 pkg cream cheese and 8oz sour cream)
- 1 1/4 c
- whipping cream (heavy cream)
- 1 Tbsp
- dried basil
- 1 tsp
- chili powder (less if you do not like spicy foods)
- 1 tsp
- dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Garlic Cream Cheese Fondue
- 1In a medium pot over medium heat, heat the oil and saute the garlic being careful to not burn garlic or it will be bitter.
Gradually add the rest of the ingredients, except for the items you wish to use for dippers.
Once all the ingredients are melted and well mixed, transfer the mixture into your cheese fondue pot.
- 2Light the fondue burner and adjust the heat to maintain the cheese fondue warm but not too hot. Arrange a tray with fondue skewers and items for dipping.
- 3Note: If your mixture is too thick, add more light cream (or alcohol of your choice). If the mixture is too runny, add cheese.
- 4Tip: If you are preparing this dip ahead of time, make sure to have more cream handy to soften the dip when you serve it.
- 5Suggestions for dipping: Pieces of Italian Bread, pretzel sticks, cooked shrimp, cooked ham, mushrooms and steamed broccoli, Boiled potatoes cubed into bite size and assortment of vegetables.