Moroccan Chicken Soup
Julie Ann Keene
2 cchick peas soaked in water overnight
1 largeonion chopped
1 tspginger powder
1 tspcinnamon ground
To tastesalt and pepper
1/2fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 cfresh cilantro , chopped
5lemons, cut into wedges
How to Make Moroccan Chicken Soup
- Put the chicken in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and remove the scum from the water surface.
- add the chickpeas onions tomatoes and some pepper and simmer until the chickpeas are soft, about 2 hours.
- Stir in the ginger, cinnamon and salt.
- Lift out the chicken and remove the skin and bones. Return the chicken to the pot and add more water if necessary.
- Add the parsley and cilantro and cook about 5 more minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges to squeeze into soup.