Chicken Soup For The Cold
You can use rice or noodles. COOKBOOK RECIPE
- 5 to 6 c
- chicken stock, light
- 1/2 c
- long grain rice or pasta
- carrot, peeled and thin slices
- celery stalk, minced
- 1 c
- raw or cooked chopped chicken
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- minced parsley for garnish
How to Make Chicken Soup For The Cold
- 1Place the stock in a large, deep saucepan or casserole, and turn the to medium-high.
- 2When it is just about boiling, turn the heat down to medium so that it bubbles but not too vigorously.
- 3Stir in rice, carrots, and celery, and cook stirring occasionally until they are all tender, about 20 minutes.
- 4Stir in the chicken, IF IT IS RAW, cook another 5 to 8 minutes until it is cooked, IF IT IS COOKED, cook 2 to 3 minutes until it is hot season with salt and pepper.
- 5For thicker soup, increase the amount of rice or pasta to 1 cup; use 2 carrots and 2 celery stalks.
- 6Use as much chicken as you like. If you plan to store this soup, cook the rice and pasta separately and stir it in during the last stage of cooking or it will absorb too much liquid during storage.