Chicken Malani Soup
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- 12 oz
- catalina dressing. i sometimes use french or russian, too.
- 1 can(s)
- cranberry gelatin
- 1 pkg
- onion soup mix
- 4 oz
- instant spuds.
- 2 c
- optional: noodles of your choice
How to Make Chicken Malani Soup
- 3Once it's boiling, turn down and simmer. With a large fork, whisk, or potato masher, mix the dressing and gelatin and onion soup mix. Don't worry if it's a bit lumpy, the heat will take care of that. Let it simmer for about 6 hours.
- 4About 15 minutes before you serve, mix in the spuds. This thicken's the soup. And what is better to serve with chicken then potatoes right?
- 5OPTIONAL INGREDIENT: Omit the spuds and prepare some noodles before serving. Mix in just enough of the chicken to make it like a Stroganoff.
- 6Serve with just about any warm bread like Ciabatta or Focaccia and some garlic butter. This dish freezes for easy lunches or dinners when you don't want to cook.