ROASTED BEEF STOCK
- 4 to 5 lb
- meaty beef bones or inexpensive roast cut into pieces
- 12 c
- carrots cut into 2 inch pieces
- celery stalks cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 medium
- onion quarted
- bay leaf
- bouquet garni
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make ROASTED BEEF STOCK
- 1Place bones in a shallow parchment lined roasting pan and bake at 450 degrees for 45 minutes
- 2Put carrots, celery onion, and in a large pot cover with water and simmer for 2 to 3 hours or until stock is a rich brown
- 3Cool strain REMOVE BAY LEAF. Remove meat from bones and return to stock.
- 4Refrigerate, when cool remove excess fat. Use within 2 days or freeze for future use.