WHITE BEAN AND FENNEL SOUP
1 bag(s)(16 oz.) cannellini beans
1fennel bulb (about 1-1/2 lbs), trimmed, quartered, cored and sliced
1 mediumonion, chopped
2 clovegarlic, sliced
1 tspitalian seasoning
6 cvegetable stock
1head escarole, cored, rinsed and chopped
1 can(s)(14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
1 cmini pasta, such as farfellini
·grated parmesan and freshly ground black pepper
How to Make WHITE BEAN AND FENNEL SOUP
- Place cannellini beans in a bowl with 4 cups cold water. Cover with plastic and soak overnight.
- Drain beans and transfer to a 6-qt. cooker. Add fennel, onion, garlic and Italian seasoning. Pour in stock and 2 cups water. Cover and cook on HIGH for 5-1/2 hours.
- Uncover and stir in escarole and diced tomatoes. Re-cover and cook 30 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook 9 minutes or as per package directions. Drain. Stir pasta into soup along with salt.
- Ladle into bowls and top with Parmesan and black pepper.