WHITE BEAN AND FENNEL SOUP
- 1 bag(s)
- (16 oz.) cannellini beans
- fennel bulb (about 1-1/2 lbs), trimmed, quartered, cored and sliced
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 2 clove
- garlic, sliced
- 1 tsp
- italian seasoning
- 6 c
- vegetable stock
- head escarole, cored, rinsed and chopped
- 1 can(s)
- (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 c
- mini pasta, such as farfellini
- 1 tsp
- grated parmesan and freshly ground black pepper
How to Make WHITE BEAN AND FENNEL SOUP
- 1Place cannellini beans in a bowl with 4 cups cold water. Cover with plastic and soak overnight.
- 2Drain beans and transfer to a 6-qt. cooker. Add fennel, onion, garlic and Italian seasoning. Pour in stock and 2 cups water. Cover and cook on HIGH for 5-1/2 hours.
- 3Uncover and stir in escarole and diced tomatoes. Re-cover and cook 30 minutes more.
- 4Meanwhile, bring a medium saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook 9 minutes or as per package directions. Drain. Stir pasta into soup along with salt.
- 5Ladle into bowls and top with Parmesan and black pepper.