Bre Van Patten
How to Make "Refried" "Beans"
- 1Into a saucepan, pour in water or chicken broth, and stir in all ingredients but lentils.
- 2Bring mixture to boil, then add lentils. Lower temp to medium high.
- 3Stirring occasionally, let lentils boil for about 30 minutes or until tender. (If needed, add more liquid while cooking, but you don't want them very wet in the end).
- 4Once tender, spoon lentils into food processor and pulse until smooth. Serve.
- 5**If you don't want to use these as pho-refried beans, add more chicken broth, cooked diced carrots and celery, and top with bacon pieces or pancetta for a delicious soup!