Peanut Butter Munchies
They're similar to Rice Krispie treats, but SO much better -- my husband's favorite!! A very versatile, no-fail recipe.
Make a double batch, because they won't last long :)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 Tbsppeanut butter
3 cmini marshmallows (6 oz.)
2 crice krispie-type cereal
1/4 csemi sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Peanut Butter Munchies
- Prepare an 8 or 9" square baking dish with food release spray.
- Place butter and peanut butter in a heavy 3qt. saucepan. Stir frequently over low heat until melted and smooth. (about a minute)
- Add marshmallows, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until marshmallows melt. (about 5 min.)
Remove from heat.
- Stir in cereal and raisins. If you're using them, add the chocolate chips.
- Spread mixture evenly in baking dish. Press lightly.
Cool at room temp.
Cut into 16 squares.
1) May sub 2 1/2 cups of granola for the Rice Krispies.
2) May sub butterscotch chips for chocolate.
3) May sub any favorite dried fruit, diced, for raisins.
4) May sub other nut butter for peanut butter, or use honey instead of nut butter.