chocolate covered cherries
40maraschino cherries with stems
3 Tbspsoftened butter
3 Tbsplight corn syrup (karo)
2 + cpowdered sugar
1 lbchocolate candy coating (chocolate almond bark works well)
How to Make chocolate covered cherries
- Drain the cherries on paper towels for several hours.
- Combine butter and the corn syrup. Stir in powdered sugar. Knead until all together. If too soft can add a bit more powdered sugar or chill for about 20 minutes.
- Shape 1/2 teaspoonful around the cherry. (Flatten the mixture into a disk shape then wrap it around the cherry) Place on a wax paper lined baking sheet. Chill wrapped cherries for 1 hour.
- Leave the cherries in the refrigerator until the chocolate is melted. In a double boiler (water simmering) heat the chocolate candy coating.
- Dip the cherries completely sealing them. Gently tap off extra chocolate, then set on a fresh waxed paper lined baking sheet. Continue dipping the cherries until all are dipped.
- Once chocolate has hardened (Not too long after dipping) get a container with an airtight seal, and lay a piece of wax paper on the bottom of it. Place the cherries into this container. Close the lid and place the container into the refrigerator for about 2 weeks. Cherries are done at 1 week. but get juicer as they sit in the closed container longer. Enjoy