- 3 Tbsp
- butter, softened
- 1/4 tsp
- creme de menthe flavoring or can use peppermint flavoring. wilton's candy flavoring is what i use. it's strong. if you use extracts you might have to add just a tad bit more for the minty taste.
- 1 lb
- powdered sugar
- 1/4 c
- cream (i use evaporated milk sometimes)
- 1 tsp
- food coloring
How to Make Buttermints
- 1Mix all ingredients together in a medium sixed bowl. Knead until smooth, add more powdered sugar if needed, but don't make it too dry. Knead enough to resemble a ball of dough.
- 2Can separate into smaller amounts and use the color of food coloring of your choosing.
- 3Take small rounds of the mixture and roll into small balls. Place on waxed paper and press a fork to flatten them. Should be the size of a dime or a nickel if you like a bigger bite after pressing. Let these dry for about 48 hours if you intend to put them into a bowl. They can, however be eaten right away.