Family Favorite Butter Toffee Popcorn (Easy)
I can never understand why people buy those stale, artificial boxes of caramel corn and butter toffee popcorn when you can make your own delicious, buttery snack at home for a fraction of the price. Give it a try... it's quick and easy!
- 1/2 c
- 1 c
- 1/4 c
- light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 tsp
- 10 c
- popped popcorn (i use my favorite butter flavored microwave popcorn, about 2 bags.)
- 1-1 1/2 c
- almonds, pecans or dry roasted peanuts
How to Make Family Favorite Butter Toffee Popcorn (Easy)
- 1Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Butter a large, rectangular roasting pan. Place popped popcorn and nuts in pan. Melt butter in medium saucepan. Stir in sugar, corn syrup and salt. Heat to a gentle boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 8 minutes, stirring only once over lowest heat possible to maintain a low, gentle boil. Remove from heat.
- 2Stir in vanilla and baking soda. Gradually pour over popped popcorn and nuts, coating well.Turn onto a large, greased baking pan with sides.
- 3Bake for 30 minutes total, stirring well after 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on lightly buttered or non-stick foil. Store in tightly sealed ziplock bags.