6 Tbspbutter, unsalted at room temperature
1/2 lbmedium cheddar cheese, grated
1 1/2 calmond flour
1/3 csesame seeds
1/2 tsphot pepper sauce (optional)
How to Make Lace Crackers
- Using your hands, mix all the ingredients in a large bowl until well combined, and form into 2 balls.
- Place each dough ball on a piece of plastic wrap and shape into a log that is long and narrow enough to slide into a paper towel tube.
- Wrap the log in the plastic wrap and slide it into the tube. Place palms of your hands on the sides of the tube and shake it side to side to fill the space.
- Freeze the dough in the tubes. (Can be left frozen for a week)
- When ready to bake, remove the dough from the freezer and let it soften a bit while still in the plastic wrap and paper towel tube, about 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees. Once the dough is ready, push it out of the tube 2-3 inches at a time so the log doesn't get too soft from the heat or your hand. Using a sharp knife, cut thin slices and place on a baking sheet lined with paper parchment.
- Bake about 10 minutes on the low rack of the oven, until the crackers turn golden brown.
- Let cool before serving.