How to Make Popcorn Crunch
- 1Popcorn can be cooked any way you like, air popped or in oil but not the microwave bag kind. Do not add salt. Measure out the nuts into a very large plastic bowl. (The candy part will stick to metal)
- 2In a heavy pot, combine the sugar, butter and syrup. Bring it to a boil on high and then turn the heat down to medium high and cook it until it gets to the hard crack stage stirring occasionally. I use a wooden spoon.
- 3You can test for the hard crack stage. Get a cup and put cold water in it. When you think that the mixture is ready, drop a 1/2 teaspoon or so of the mixture into the water if it goes hard and "cracks" when you bite it, it has cooked long enough.
- 4In a large non-metal bowl place the popped pop corn and mixed nuts. Stir.
- 5Take the mixture off of the heat. Add the extract and be careful! It could spatter! Stir it to combine and quickly add it to the nuts and spread it onto a greased cookie sheet or two. Spread it out and separate it into small pieces with the wooden spoon. It will be HOT. You will have to work quickly , it will start to set up right away. Feel free to lick the spoon!