Warm Mexican Layer Dip
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1/2 c
- chopped sweet onion
- pablano pepper, seeds and veins removed, chopped
- jalapeno pepper, seeds and veins removed, chopped
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 8 oz
- fresh mexican chorizo, casing removed
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 c
- refried beans
- 1/4 c
- picante sauce
- 1 c
- four cheese mexican blend cheese, shredded
- scallions, green portion only, chopped
How to Make Warm Mexican Layer Dip
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, pablano pepper, jalapeno pepper and garlic, and cook until they begin to soften, approximately 5 minutes. Add chorizo and continue cooking until chorizo is cooked through, approximately 5 minutes. Drain well, set aside.
- 3In a 9-inch pie plate, evenly spread out the cream cheese. Top with the refried beans, spreading out to within 1/4-inch of the edge of the cream cheese layer. Top evenly with the picante sauce, reserved chorizo mixture, and the Mexican cheese blend.
- 4Bake in preheated oven for 15 - 20 minutes until heated through and bubbly around the edges. Top with scallions. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!