Raw Almond Yogurt or Almond Sour Cream
I doubled the recipe so I used 2 cups nuts, 2 tbsp. sweetener, 5 cups water and 1 packet of yogurt starter.
How to Make Raw Almond Yogurt or Almond Sour Cream
- Pour some hot water over the almonds to blanche them for a few seconds only!
- Then, blend the water and almonds to make almond milk. Add the honey and blend a little more.
- Pour the milk into a milk bag and squeeze as much of the liquid out of the bag as possible.
- Either save the fiber for cookies or disgard.
- If the temperature isn't the same as body temperature 98.6'F then warm it up slightly.Use a candy thermometer to check the heat.
- Then add the 1/2 package of yogurt starter and stir gently with a fork.
- Place in yogurt maker with the lid off.
- Ferment for 8 hours.
- Once it's fermented take it out of the yogurt maker and place in cheese cloth. Let it sit for at least 1 hours to let the remainder of the moisture out. Leave longer if you want a thicker yogurt.