★★★★★ 1 vote5
8 ccorn chex cereal
8 crice chex cereal
4 cpretzel knots
2 csliced almonds
2 1/4 cbrown sugar
2 stickmelted butter
3/4 clight karo syrup
1 tspbaking soda
2 ccranberries, or craisins
1 1/2 Tbspalmond extract (very important)
How to Make Linda's Sweet Party Mix
- Combine everything dry and set aside in something large!
- In a saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar and syrup. Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly, until gently boiling. Let it boil for 5 minutes without stirring. BE sure your pan is pretty large....the mixture grows!
- Remove from heat and add soda and Almond Extract. Stir well at this point.
- Pour sugar mixture over cereal mixture, coating well. Pour into a large pan.
- Bake at 300 for 15 minutes. Stir mixture and bake five more minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir in dry cranberries.
Spread on large buttered piece of foil, or wax paper. Let cool. Break into pieces and store in airtight container.
FYI....chuckle....1/2 cup....157 calories!