How to Make Nut Butters
- Set oven 350 degrees if you are going to roast your nuts I did, make sure you do not leave the kitchen and toss them every 4-5 minutes till brown and you can smell them. this will only take about 10- 15 minutes
- Every recipe I found called for 3 cups of nuts, I found this does not matter in the least I used 3 heaping cups of sliced almonds this was all I had but whole will be cheeper and at least 3 heaping cups of cashews. I used non salted raw next time for a change I will add pecans.
- After three batches I found in my small Cuisinart blender it is best to grind till you see a sand like mixture then add the oil, oil is not necessary but will help making this work better and faster. you can use other oils but I will not list as I have not used them and I feel coconut oil would be the best choice.
- I then read many reviews on how people gave up because it would only grind to the sand consistency or a thick ball stage oil or no oil. I almost did but carry on scrap the sides of the blender every two minutes or so to pry off the larger chunks this step is a must. trust me It will give up the fight and turn into butter when I emptied mine it was like a loose honey. I did not wash the blender out when going to the next batch.
- Tip: these new photos are when I used just roasted pecans, I might have roasted them a second to long as they taste a tad bitter or maybe it is just the nature of condensed pecan flavor, also the pecan butter did not setup hard like the almond cashew butter. I think this is because perhaps you know they suggest adding cashews to your shakes to make them creamy maybe this is why that combo thicken more. so we just scoop out a bit of both and it is fine for us. I dont think I will make straight pecan again but may add a few nuts to the almond & cashew butter
- UPDATE: It is all gone already