KOO KOO For KRACKERS!
They are easy and fun and so versatile. I buy my optional topping at the food co-op in bulk which is so much cheaper than buying little spice jars.
These are great to snack on by themselves or with cheese, meats, fruits and dips. I like to break them into big pieces to give myself more options for displaying and serving.
- 3 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/3 c
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/2 c
- unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- sesame oil
- 1 c
- rosemary sprigs
- garlic powder
- poppy seeds
- 3 c
- sesame seeds (i use a lot! i buy in bulk at food co-op, it is so cheap that way)
How to Make KOO KOO For KRACKERS!
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Place dry ingredients in a bowl. Using pastry cutter or tines of a fork: blend in the butter until the mixture is crumbly.
Stir in the buttermilk and sesame oil until well combined.
- 3Knead the dough a few times and form into 4 balls of dough.
Roll out one ball of dough at a time on floured surface to about 5x7 inch rectangle, Then place on a parchment lined baking sheet that has been lightly floured. Finish rolling out the dough all the way to the edges of the baking sheet (you can use your hands and fingers in need be).
Cover the top of the cracker with desired optional ingredients. Gently but firmly press this into the dough.
- 4Bake 12 to 16 minutes (checking a couple of times... don't want it to burn).
Remove from oven. Let Cool. Break apart into large pieces. Store in airtight container for a couple of weeks.
- 5Repeat until all four balls of dough are used up.
- 6This is excellent with soups and stews as well as with warm or cold dips and meat and cheese platters!
My favorite is sesame seed (I pressed them into both sides of the crackers).