Kentucky Bourbon Bacon Chex Mix
- 15 oz
- bag chex mix traditional snack mix
- 1 c
- pecan halves
- 1/2 lb
- bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
- light corn syrup
- 2 Tbsp
- 3/4 tsp
- chipotle chili powder, optional
How to Make Kentucky Bourbon Bacon Chex Mix
- 1Heat oven to 300^. Line two 15x10x1-inch pans with foil. Spray foil with canola oil. In large bowl, mix snack mix, pecans and bacon(I use the whole pound of bacon, lover that I am-lol);set aside.
- 2In 2-quart saucepan, heat sugar,butter and corn syrup over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until bubbly around edges. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally; remove from heat. Cool 2 minutes. Carefully stir in bourbon(I add a little more) and chipotle chili powder( I omit this and add 1 teaspoon zest of lime). Pour over snack mixture; toss until evenly coated.
Spread snack mixture on pans. Bake 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes,to caramelize mixture. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Break into pieces. Store covered in refrigerator.