VEGETABLE SKILLET TRIO WITH GARLIC & ONION
Rose Mary Mogan
I combined turnip bottoms, carrots, garlic, red onions & Brussels sprouts in a bit of olive oil, cooked till tender & served while still piping hot. You could add a bit of freshly shredded parmesan cheese if desired, but we enjoyed this dish just plain as it was. It was so delicious that it was all I had for dinner.
- 2 lb
- fresh or frozen brussels sprouts
- 1/2 lb
- baby carrots, cut into circles
- 5 medium
- turnip, washd peeled & cubed
- 1 medium
- red onion cubed or sliced
- 8 clove
- garlic, sliced
- 2 tsp
- steak seasoning, divided
- 4 Tbsp
- olive oil, divided
- 1/4-1/3 c
- water, only if needed optional
How to Make VEGETABLE SKILLET TRIO WITH GARLIC & ONION
- 3Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to large skillet, heat till oil is hot, then add in the mixed turnip with carrots and garlic, and sauté until vegetables are crisp tender. Season with 1 teaspoon of steak seasoning. Remove from heat to a medium size bowl.
- 4Now add in the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and heat till hot, then add in the onion with Brussels sprouts, and cook until sprouts are almost tender, season with remaining steak seasoning and stir until mixed, then add in the cooked turnip combo, and stir to blend together, add the water if needed to prevent sticking, and continue to cook until vegetables are tender as desired.