I like to make this when I've got a roast in the oven, so everything is cooking together.
- 3-4 c
- mixed vegetables:carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, cauliflower, green beans, peppers, zucchini -- whatever you have
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1/2 c
- cracker or bread crumbs, or wheat germ
- parmesan, or other, cheese garnish
How to Make Ritzy Vegetables
- 1Wash and cut up vegetables. Put them into a large bowl or plastic bag.(I save bread bags for re-use for lots of things. They work perfectly for this.)
- 2Pour olive oil over the veggies. Toss. (Or if you're using a bag, hold the bag closed and give it a shake, until the oil has a chance to coat the veg).
- 3Add the crumbs and whatever seasonings you like -- whatever will work well with your meat. Toss/shake until the veggies are coated.
- 4Prepare a baking dish with food release spray, and place the veggies in the pan in a single layer.
- 5You can sprinkle on some parmesan or other cheese if you like
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes (depending on size and type of veg).
- 7NOTE: This recipe is a great way to use up bits of vegetables that aren't enough to use for anything else, the end of the garden produce, whatever you happen to have on hand... With different seasonings, and crumbs, it's fresh and new every time.
I save bread heels in a bag in the freezer, which works great for this recipe.