TURNIPS BAKED IN CREAM AND EGG SAUCE
Recipe: The Best of Russian Cooking
- 4 c
- turnips, sliced and cooked
- 1 c
- bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp
- 3/4 c
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make TURNIPS BAKED IN CREAM AND EGG SAUCE
- 1Cook the turnips in salt water until soft but not overcooked. Slice them thin in pieces about 1/2-inch wide and 3 inches long.
- 2Mix the turnip slices with the bread crumbs and the butter, cut in small pieces, and place them in a medium -sized baking dish.
- 3In a small bowl, mix the cream and the egg together, and add salt and pepper to taste. Pour over the turnips.
- 4Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven about 25 minutes or until lightly browned on top.