Summer Squash Cheesy Bake
- 1 large
- zucchini, thinly sliced
- 4 large
- yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 4 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp
- dried basil
- 1/4 c
- olive oil
- 1 c
- parmesan cheese, freshly shredded
- 1/2 -3/4 c
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Summer Squash Cheesy Bake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2Sauté onions and garlic in two to three tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- 3Prepare a baking dish approximately 8x8 with non-stick cooking spray.
- 4Spread the onions and garlic on the bottom of the baking dish.
- 5Stack zucchini and yellow squash alternating vegetables. Make rows in the baking dish, standing the vegetables vertically in the pan. Continue until you fill the pan.
- 6Sprinkle squash with dried basil, salt/pepper, then drizzle with olive oil.
- 7Cover pan with foil and bake in 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes.
- 8Uncover pan. Cover vegetables with parmesan cheese, return to oven for 10 minutes
- 9Then cover vegetables with mozzarella cheese and return to oven for about 5 minutes until cheese gets golden brown. You can also place it under the broiler.