Summer Squash Cheesy Bake
1 largezucchini, thinly sliced
4 largeyellow squash, thinly sliced
1 mediumonion, chopped
4 clovegarlic, minced
1 Tbspdried basil
1/4 colive oil
1 cparmesan cheese, freshly shredded
1/2 -3/4 cmozzarella cheese, shredded
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Summer Squash Cheesy Bake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Sauté onions and garlic in two to three tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Prepare a baking dish approximately 8x8 with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread the onions and garlic on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Stack zucchini and yellow squash alternating vegetables. Make rows in the baking dish, standing the vegetables vertically in the pan. Continue until you fill the pan.
- Sprinkle squash with dried basil, salt/pepper, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Cover pan with foil and bake in 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes.
- Uncover pan. Cover vegetables with parmesan cheese, return to oven for 10 minutes
- Then cover vegetables with mozzarella cheese and return to oven for about 5 minutes until cheese gets golden brown. You can also place it under the broiler.