Stuffed Peppers with Tofu
I have made this many times and keep finding new ways to fix now I love those Mini Sweet Prepacked there now selling. I add 2 of each of the small to a serving
It calls for Marinara sauce but you can use your favor spaghetti sauce or that jar stuff.
- orange bell pepper
- yellow bell pepper
- red bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 clove
- 1 pkg
- tofu, extra-firm
- 1 3/4 c
- marinara sauce
- 2 c
- mozzarella cheese, low-fat
- tomato slices
SALT PEPPER TO TASTE
How to Make Stuffed Peppers with Tofu
- 11. Mix olive oil, garlic, tofu and 1/4 cup Marinara sauce in the liner pan.
2. Cook about 12 minutes on power level high.
3. Season with salt and pepper and stir again as you continue to cook about another 5 minutes.
4. Using a wooden spoon or spatula, press an equal amount of rice into each pepper half.
5. Layer rice with remaining Marinara sauce, and 1/2 the cheese.
6. Press equal amount of tofu into the pepper halves.
7. Place 1 tomato slice on each pepper. Top peppers with remaining Mozzarella cheese.
8. Arrange stuffed peppers in a baking dish and place on the 1-inch rack.
9. Bake 400F for about 15 minutes. If cheese becomes too brown, tent with foil or parchment paper. You can also place remaining cheese on the last 4 minutes of baking.
10. Serve half of each color pepper to each person (1 1/2 pepper).