SPICY ROASTED VEGGIE WRAP
It can be either a wrap or a salad on a plate, and it's so darn healthy it scares me...think the body went into shock when I ate all these veggies cause it's just not used to this kind of fare!
Give it a look and a try...amounts can be increased or decreased according to the size of the group you're feeding...
- c. broccoli florets
- c. cauliflower florets
- red bell pepper, 1" pcs.
- green bell pepper, 1" pcs.
- medium onion, in 8 wedges
- small zucchini, peeled, quartered, 1" pcs.
- stalks celery, 1" pcs.
- medium carrot, 1" pcs.
- portabello mushrooms, stems removed, 1" pcs.
- small compari tomatoes (can sub roma), quartered
- tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- tsp. ground cumin
- tsp. chili powder
- crushed red pepper flakes
- tsp. mrs. dash garlic & herb seasoning blend
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- romaine lettuce leaves
- sourdough bread or stale rolls
- tbsp. garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 1/2
- tbsp. butter
- tsp. italian seasoning
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
How to Make SPICY ROASTED VEGGIE WRAP
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
*Note: Can also do roasting on your gas/charcoal grill.
- 5Place pan on rack in top third of oven and bake about 7-9 min.; using a spatula, turn veggies over. Bake another 5-10 min., until tender but not mushy.
Personally, I like mine more crisp-tender and with these times, they were a little overcooked to my taste, so you could adjust the times to suit yourself.