Southern squash casserole
4 csliced yellow squash
1sleeve ritz crackers crushed
1 ccheddar cheese grated
1/2 csour cream
·salt and pepper
3 Tbspbutter, melted
How to Make Southern squash casserole
- Preheat oven 350°
- Chop onions and garlic place in skillet with a bit of oil or butter
- Add sliced yellow squash and cook until squash is slightly tender ..
( I usually will cook the cassarole in the one case iron skillet but you can put it in a casserole dish after cooking squash for prettier presentation)
- If using a casserole dish pour squash mix in or as I do just mix sour cream. mayonnaise. Cheese. Salt. Pepper. Into skillet with cooked squash mix
- Place cracker crumbs in bowl and pour melted butter over and mix well
- Sprinkle buttered crumbs on Top of casserole and bake 20- 25 minutes or until bubbly and browned.
Allow to rest about 10 minutes.