SOUTHERN CREAMED SPINACH
This recipe & photo come from the Green Bean Delivery Company.
10 ozorganic spinach, washed/dried
1 Tbspgarlic, minced
2 Tbspshallots, diced
1/2 clight cream
1/2 tsplemon juice
1 slicegouda cheese
1/4 cfreshly grated parmesan cheese
·salt and pepper, to taste
1 pinchpaprika, to finish
How to Make SOUTHERN CREAMED SPINACH
- Heat a pan over medium-low heat. Add spinach to dry pan and cook until wilted. Move to strainer. Squeeze out as much water as possible; set aside.
- Mix lemon juice with cream; set aside.
- Place pan back on heat at medium heat. Melt butter until foam has reduced. Add shallots and cook until softened, about 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and saute for another minute.
- Toss drained spinach back into the pan. Mix in cream and combine. Cook for 30 seconds to warm.
- Tear gouda into pieces and add. Stir until melted. Stir in parmesan to melt. Add nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Cook until well combined and melted completely and slightly thickened. Top with pinch of paprika. Serve hot.