SOUR CREAM & ONION CAULIFLOWER MASH
Rose Mary Mogan
Hope you give it a try real soon. WE LOVE IT.
1 largehead cauliflower
6 clovefresh garlic, original recipe used 3 minced
1/4 cbutter, (1/2) stick, i used move over butter
3/4 csour cream, i used daisy brand
3/4 cgrated parmesan cheese
1/4 cdried chopped chive
2 Tbspdijon mustard, i used aldi's brand
1 Tbspdehydrated onion flakes
·salt & pepper to taste, i only used pepper
How to Make SOUR CREAM & ONION CAULIFLOWER MASH
- Wash Cauliflower, and trim excess leaves. Using a large pot or sauce pan, add the full head of cauliflower to sauce pan. Add about 2 inches of water, turn on heat, and allow water to come to a boil, cover. Cook cauliflower until it is tender all the way through. I tested mine with the sharp tip of a knife by sticking into cauliflower and when it releases easily it is done. IT WILL TAKE ABOUT 15 MINUTES. These are the other main ingredients.
- Then carefully drain the hot water from the hot pot, and add the cauliflower back into the hot pot. COVER WITH LID and allow to sit at least 8-10 minutes to release remaining water that is in the cauliflower. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP, OR YOUR VEGETABLE WILL BE MORE LIKE SOUP THAN MASHED POTATOES. This is the book where I found the original recipe.
- I chose to use a potato masher to mash the cauliflower. Add the butter while the vegetable is hot, and mash. I chose to combine the remaining ingredients in a seperate medium size bowl, minced garlic, sour cream, parmesan cheese, onion flakes, chive, mustard, & onion. Blend together with a large fork.
- NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION: Serves 8, Calories per serving 134,Total Fat 9 grams, Cholesterol 23 Mg.,Sodium 269Mg, Potassium 370Mg,Carbohydrates 7g, Fiber 2g, Sugars 3 g, Protein 6g, NET CARBS = 5g PER SERVING I used MY FITNESS PAL to calculate the calories per serving.
- Like my dad use to do, I always top my cabbage with Yellow Mustard, my husband prefers Catsup, and my daughter prefers hers plain. There is nothing more rewarding or satisfying than having a meal that is really delicious , and know that you are not going over board in calories or carbs. My entire dinner was only 621 calories,the dinner was Oven Baked can chicken With herbs, the Sauteed Cabbage with onion, garlic Poblano Peppers & carrots, & the Cauliflower Mash and that included 2 Low Carb cookies. I will share the recipe for that real soon.