Sherry Balsamic Caramelized Brussels Sprouts
Blue Ribbon Recipe
I'll admit it... I really like Brussels sprouts. They're so underrated! And when prepared like this, there's a love affair in the making! This is a simply terrific side dish to freshen up most any meal.
We substituted traditional balsamic vinegar for the sherry balsamic that Lou calls for and the recipe still turned out fab. Enjoy! The Test Kitchen
1 1/2 lbfresh Brussels sprouts - halved
2 clovegarlic - minced
2 Tbspolive oil
2 ozdried wild mushrooms, mixed variety
1/4 csherry balsamic vinegar
How to Make Sherry Balsamic Caramelized Brussels Sprouts
- Soak dried mushrooms in hot water for 20 minutes or until soft.
- Clean and cut Brussels sprouts in half.
- Heat heavy skillet to med-hi, add olive oil, butter, and garlic.
- Place Brussels sprouts in skillet cut side down, let oil and butter start to caramelize them.
- When nicely browned add drained mushrooms (reserve soaking liquid for use in other dishes).
- Add sherry balsamic and cover. Cook covered until all sherry vinegar is reduced.