Sherry Balsamic Caramelized Brussels Sprouts
I'll admit it... I really like Brussels sprouts. They're so underrated! And when prepared like this, there's a love affair in the making! This is a simply terrific side dish to freshen up most any meal.
We substituted traditional balsamic vinegar for the sherry balsamic that Lou calls for and the recipe still turned out fab. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 lb
- fresh Brussels sprouts - halved
- 2 clove
- garlic - minced
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 oz
- dried wild mushrooms, mixed variety
- 1/4 c
- sherry balsamic vinegar
How to Make Sherry Balsamic Caramelized Brussels Sprouts
- 1Soak dried mushrooms in hot water for 20 minutes or until soft.
- 2Clean and cut Brussels sprouts in half.
- 3Heat heavy skillet to med-hi, add olive oil, butter, and garlic.
- 4Place Brussels sprouts in skillet cut side down, let oil and butter start to caramelize them.
- 5When nicely browned add drained mushrooms (reserve soaking liquid for use in other dishes).
- 6Add sherry balsamic and cover. Cook covered until all sherry vinegar is reduced.