Pickled green Beans Crispy Canned By Freda
When Canned these do come out Crisp and flavorful.
These you can make as many qts or Pints as you like, and store for winter on the shelf.
These take about 2-3 weeks to ferment before you enjoy. . .
- 2 1/2 lbs
- fresh green beans (cleaned and trimed)
- 2 1/2 C
- white distilled vinegar
- 2 cups
- 1/4 Cup
- 1 Clove
- fresh garlic (peeled) more if you like a more garlicky pickle
- 1 bunch
- fresh dill weed
- 3/4 tsp
- red pepper flakes ( optional) will be a bit hotter with this
PICKLED CRISPY GREEN BEANS CANNED
STERILIZE 6 (1/2 PINT JARS OR 3 QUARTS) WITH RINGS AND LIDS
How to Make Pickled green Beans Crispy Canned By Freda
- 2In a large Pan, stir together vinegar, water and salt.
Add garlic bring this to a rolling Boil over High heat.
To each Jar, Place 1 Sprig of Dill in the bottom, add 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes.
Now pack green beans tightly into your jars so they are standing on ends.
- 3Next; Ladle the Boiling brine into the jars over the green beans, to within 1/4 inch from the tops.
Discard the garlic.
Seal with lids and rings.
Place Jars in Hot Water Bath, so they are Covered with 1inch of water.
Simmer, but do not boil for 10 minutes, to Process.
Remove from water bath.
Cool to room temp. you should hear jars seal. Check to make sure they seal . .
Tip:(the center of the Lids should not move nor have a dome in it.)
Let Pickles Ferment about 2-3 weeks before eating.
This recipe makes about 6 Pints or 3 Quarts, I Use Wide mouth Jars as they are easier to Pack.