Peas in Tarragon Cream
·12 ounces peas (frozen or fresh)
·4 tablespoons butter
·4 scallions, chopped, finely
·3 celery ribs, chopped, finely
·1⁄2 cup cream, heavy
·2 tablespoons french tarragon, fresh, chopped, finely
·1⁄2 teaspoon salt, sea, fine
·1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
How to Make Peas in Tarragon Cream
- Cook the peas, do not over cook.
- Remove from heat, drain and reserve until needed.
- Melt the butter and saute the scallions and celery until tender.
- Add the cooked peas to the scallions and celery, mix and stir in the cream and tarragon.
- Cook for 5 minutes, uncovered on low heat, until heated thru.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.