Peas in Tarragon Cream
- 12 ounces peas (frozen or fresh)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 scallions, chopped, finely
- 3 celery ribs, chopped, finely
- 1⁄2 cup cream, heavy
- 2 tablespoons french tarragon, fresh, chopped, finely
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, sea, fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
How to Make Peas in Tarragon Cream
- 1Cook the peas, do not over cook.
- 2Remove from heat, drain and reserve until needed.
- 3Melt the butter and saute the scallions and celery until tender.
- 4Add the cooked peas to the scallions and celery, mix and stir in the cream and tarragon.
- 5Cook for 5 minutes, uncovered on low heat, until heated thru.
- 6Season with salt and pepper and serve.