Northern Italian Vegetable Medley
- 5 large
- carrots, scraped and cut about 1/4 inch thick, diagonally, nice and large
- 20 small
- red new potatoes, whole, skins left on
- 3 c
- fresh broccoli florets
- zucchini, rinsed, and sliced about 1/4 inch thick, skins left on
- 2 c
- whole small sized mushrooms
- 2-3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 tsp
- italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp
- dried or fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp
- onion powder (not onion salt)
- 1/2 tsp
- seasoned salt
- pepper, to taste
How to Make Northern Italian Vegetable Medley
- 1In a steamer, place the sliced carrots, the whole new potatoes, and broccoli florets. Place a lid on top and
allow vegetables to steam until done to your liking. (I don't let them steam too long since I like my vegetables crunchy. Remember, you're going to add them to the skillet and cook them a little further.)
- 2In a large skillet, pour the olive oil.
Add all the seasonings, and sauté the zucchini and mushrooms for about 7-10 minutes.
- 3When done, add all the steamed vegetables to the skillet, toss well to coat with the olive oil and seasonings.
Heat thoroughly and serve.
- 4(Can be served with a couple of shakes of Parmesan cheese on top, if desired)